An integral part of RMA’s event ethos is that every event we stage should support and promote the environment through which it runs. In this regard we have formed strong and lasting partnerships with entities such as Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife, the Endangered Wildlife Trust and Wildlife Act. Whether it is raising funds or providing platforms at our events for these bodies to promote their visions we are privileged by the association and proud to be able to contribute.
Some of the projects we have been able to support are listed below.
– Refurbishing and rehabilitation of Trail Huts along the Giant’s Cup Trail
– Re-Thatching of the squaredavel at Lotheni
– The purchase of much needed radios for Field Rangers
– Assistance with the cost of the Tommie Top Bridge at Cobham
– The re-routing of the end of Day 3 of the Giant’s Cup Trail
– General Trail rehabilitation
– Eradication of alien vegetation along sections of the Giant’s Cup Trail
– Assistance with funding of the Bearded Vulture Captive Breeding Programme
– Assistance with funding of the Rhino Sniffer Dog Programme
– Assistance with funding of the African Crane Conservation Programme
– Assistance with funding of local monitoring programmes in the Southern Drakensberg
In addition to our association with conservation we have also been fortunate to be able to assist and support several schools and other institutions including CANSA, Underberg Primary School, Underberg Pre-Primary, Faithway College, Noah’s Ark, The Honorary Officers, Mountain Club of SA and Clouds of Hope.
RMA is proud of the above relationships and looks forward to strengthening and growing them in the future.
EKZNW – R11,500
EWT – R5000
EKZNW – R50,450
EWT – R18,350
EKZNW – R11,400
EWT – R10,000
EKZNW – R27,500
EWT – R25,000 (for purchase of Radio Controlled Drone)
EWT – R290,000
EKZNW – R31,100
Wildlife Act – R7,300
CANSA – R1,020
Faithway College – R11,740
EKZNW – R14,500
Clouds of Hope – R4,500